Temple Health is seeking a BC/BE Palliative Care Physician with a strong interest and/or demonstrated competency in medical education for a full-time clinician educator position within Temple’s Palliative Care Program.
The successful candidate will work closely with a highly collaborative team of palliative care physicians, advanced providers, social workers, chaplains, and learners, to provide high quality compassionate care to a wide range of patients at Temple University Hospital. Responsibilities will also include direct teaching and curriculum development for medical students, residents and fellows. Weekend & evening call is phone only, and clinical research opportunities are available for those interested in pursuing them.
The palliative care team at Temple University Hospital enjoys strong collaboration with clinical service lines across the hospital, integration into undergraduate and graduate medical education, and consistent involvement in health system quality improvement initiatives. Moreover, Temple’s Palliative Care Program is dedicated to the Temple Mission of caring for our surrounding community.
In addition to a competitive salary and comprehensive suite of benefits – including a generous 403b retirement match, health, dental, vision, life, malpractice, tuition remission, paid vacation, CME, and more – the position offers:
• a uniquely supportive practice environment strengthened by Temple’s mission-driven culture to provide and promote world class equitable patient care, research, and medical education;
• individual career development, and collegiality among faculty members;
• a predictable schedule;
• opportunity to influence the development of the service line.
• M.D., D.O. or foreign equivalent
• Successful completion of an ACGME accredited residency program and an ACGME accredited Hospice and Palliative Care Medicine fellowship program
• Board certification or eligibility in Hospice and Palliative Care Medicine
• Unrestricted medical license & DEA from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania prior to start date
• Both, fellows and experienced physicians are welcome to apply
Temple Health is one of Philadelphia's leading academic medical centers, with 20 clinical departments; 8 basic Science Departments; 13 Research Center (all of which are engaged in patient care education and research) and more than 1,000 physicians and scientists sharing the mission of bringing innovative treatments to patients. Our highly skilled clinical faculty are committed to providing:
• Education that is patient-centered, instilling in learners the School’s ethic of human service and lifelong learning;
• Research that advances and integrates basic and clinical science; and
• Patient care that is administered with compassion and understanding, utilizing contemporary knowledge and techniques.
Procedure for Candidacy
In order to be considered for this position, you must complete an online application.
Application materials must include a curriculum vitae; a personal statement summarizing your experience, qualifications, and career goals; and three professional references, including names and contact information. A statement describing participation in activities that promote diversity and inclusion and/or plans to make future contributions is strongly encouraged.
Please address all applications to: Nina O’Connor MD, FAAHPM, Chief Medical Officer, Population Health, Temple University Health System, C/O Jessica N. Vegas, Senior Physician/Faculty Recruiter, Physician/Faculty Recruitment & Retention, Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University.
For confidential inquires and or questions about the opportunity please contact Jessica N. Vega, Senior Physician/Faculty Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are especially interested in qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and under-represented groups. For more information about diversity at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine, please visit the Office of Health Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
COVID-19 vaccinations are required for employment at Temple University, unless granted a religious or medical exemption (see www.temple.edu/coronavirus)
Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.