Orthopaedic/ Hand/Upper Extremity Surgeon
Are you a skilled, mission-driven Orthopaedic Surgeon who strongly desires to align with a nationally recognized and thriving department? Someone who is interested in treating complex and diverse patients, infection control and quality improvement projects, and educating medical students, residents, and fellows? Look no further than Temple Faculty Physicians (TFP) and the Lewis Katz School of Medicine's Department of Orthopaedic Surgery!
• There are currently sixteen (16) full and part-time faculty members with sub-specializations in Sports Medicine, Hand Surgery, Joint Replacement/Adult Reconstruction, Orthopedic Trauma, Spine, Orthopaedic Oncology, Foot & Ankle, General Orthopedics, and non-operative sports medicine.
• The faculty is committed to the mission of providing the highest level of orthopedic care to all patients regardless of the situation while striving for research and academic excellence and advancement.
• The department’s surgeons are consistently included among regional and national "Best Doctors" listings.
• The faculty practices out of four well-resourced locations throughout the Philadelphia area, each staffed by a team of board-certified orthopedic surgeons and physicians, licensed physical therapists, and certified athletic trainers. Radiology services are available at all locations.
• Temple Health offers potential candidates a team-oriented practice environment emphasizing quality patient care, research, education, individual career development, and collegiality among faculty members.
Candidates must possess an M.D. or D.O., BE/BC in Orthopaedic Surgery and be trained in an ACGME-accredited residency and fellowship program.
In addition to a competitive salary and comprehensive suite of benefits – including a generous 403b retirement match, health, dental, vision, life, malpractice, tuition remission, CME, and more – the position offers a uniquely supportive practice environment strengthened by Temple’s mission-driven culture to provide and promote world-class equitable patient care, research, and medical education. The program also provides mentorship opportunities for new faculty. Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Temple Health is one of Philadelphia's leading academic medical centers, with 20 clinical departments; 8 Basic Science Departments; 13 Research Center (all of which are engaged in patient care education and research) and more than 1,000 physicians and scientists sharing the mission of bringing innovative treatments to patients.
Procedure for Candidacy
To be considered for this position applicants must complete the online application.
Application materials should include a current curriculum vita (CV) and contact information for three professional references. Personal statements summarizing teaching experience, clinical and research interests, and contributions to diversity are strongly encouraged.
Please address your application to: J. Milo Sewards, MD, Professor and Chair, ,Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine, C/O Michael R. Lester, Assistant Dean, Physician/Faculty Recruitment & Retention, Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, Email: email@example.com
For confidential inquires and or questions about the position please contact Michael Lester.
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
We are especially interested in qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and under-represented groups. For more information about diversity at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine, please visit the Office of Health Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
COVID-19 vaccinations are required for students, faculty and staff working in healthcare settings at Temple University, unless granted a religious or medical exemption (see www.temple.edu/coronavirus).
Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.